Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Swept the Porch

When I clean the house and get everything in its place, I feel a great sense of accomplishment. When I go through and get the house clean, one of the last things I like to do is sweep the porch. For some reason that puts closure on things. I can look back and say, "Okay, time to move on now." Yesterday, I "swept the porch" so to speak. All of the Christmas is put away, the house is ready, my last couple of books are on their way, etc. I am finally ready to start studying for nursing school.

After attending orientation I was given reading assignments for the first couple days of classes. There is a lot of reading just for the first two days. During the Christmas break I was able to get started and I've finished about half of the required reading. I can now set aside time to finish up. I am also going to begin working on some "medical math" as well. I don't want anything to sneak up on me during those first couple of weeks.

Already I can see that it would behoove me to brush up on some A&P. I'll begin reviewing that subject as well. Hopefully, I'll find time to spend a few minutes each week reading my A&P book as well as my current nursing texts.

I am very excited and just a bit nervous to get started. Time to get busy!

-DV

No comments:

Post a Comment