Thursday, September 1, 2011

The beginning of the end

Alas, here I am in the first week of my last semester. WOOT! I took the summer off just to recharge and spend some much needed time with my family. I applied for several PT/PRN tech jobs but only got one interview. I didn’t get the job, however. At this point I’m happy for that outcome. While I would have liked getting some experience dealing with patients and staff, I am glad to be able to concentrate on my studies over the next few weeks. I did spend a little time this summer reviewing and going over anticipated material for this semester, but not as much as I had hoped. I suppose that’s how it goes; you start out with the best of intentions…

As for today… I believe I got a little too comfortable with my summer schedule and was not looking forward to starting classes this semester. THEN, I went to my first clinical on Tuesday. I am so pumped about being at the “county hospital” that I can’t even begin to tell you. My clinical instructor is going to be awesome. She has a great sense of humor and at the same time will be willing to push me to learn everything I need to learn before I graduate. (Which is December 15th BTW!!!!! Super WOOT!) You can tell that she is really passionate about critical care and making sure that we learn something this semester.

In just a few hours, I’ll be attending my first lecture for the semester. Cardiac! I am looking forward to this unit. I hope I remember something from Adult I last fall. We’re supposed to have quizzes every day so I’ve bee brushing up.

Hopefully I’ll get black to blogging a little more now. It seems like yesterday that I started this blog and now I’ve got just a few weeks left.

-DV

No comments:

Post a Comment