Saturday, October 15, 2011

The job hunt and testing

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel I see? Maybe I’m just about to pass out instead and I’m seeing stars. Either way, today marks the half way point for this semester. In just a few short weeks I’ll get pinned and then it’s off to the real world of a working RN. In many ways I am really looking forward to getting to that point. In other ways, I kind of wish I could just go back to being a stay at home dad again. That was sweet. Currently, I’m tweaking my resume for the umpteenth time. I’m sending it out all over the place trying to get an interview. Up to this point I’ve got nothing. There is so much competition out there and not too many jobs. At least not like there used to be. I have to remind myself to be open to any job opportunity (near or far). Also, a little patience couldn’t hurt as well. I’ve been studying the book of Exodus recently. The story of Moses is pretty tough for me to handle right now, because I too want things to happen on my time, not God’s.

Remember that test I was going to take a few weeks ago….I failed. Yep, academic advisement came and went. Remember that I was kind of complaining about my current instructor’s lack of ability to present information? My failing grade of 65.9 was bumped up to 79.9 due to several questions being thrown out and points awarded for multiple answers. I was not the only person in class to receive points like this. Is it possible that this person does not know how to teach? YEP! On a brighter note, I just finished my neuro/hepatic unit with another instructor. She was GREAT! Logical powerpoints and straight forward lectures make all the difference in the world. I made an 86 on the test yesterday. Not perfect by any means, but I knew that I was not in any danger of failing. I’m just glad to know that it’s not just me!

This weekend I’m working on my final paper. It isn’t due for a few weeks yet, but it will be nice to get it out of the way. I can’t stand writing papers. The family is out of town today, it’s early and I’m about to get busy. Wish me luck!

-DV

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got through the semester unscathed! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete